HOW CAN WE HELP?
RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA, DRIVER’S LICENSE SUSPENSION LAWYER
NORTH CAROLINA LICENSE REVOCATION ATTORNEY
Ignoring a revoked or suspended license will not make the problem go away. In fact, by ignoring it you could be put in jail if you are pulled over for any reason. Driving with a suspended or revoked license can result in conviction for a Class 1 misdemeanor, which carries up to 120 days in jail, fines and a criminal record.
This means that after an arrest for driving with a suspended or revoked license, you have two sides to your case. First, there are the criminal charges for driving without a valid license. Second, you will also need to resolve the suspension or revocation of your license so you can avoid future issues.
EXPERIENCED AT HANDLING CRIMINAL CHARGES AND DMV ISSUES
Sparrow Law Firm is equipped to help you recover your license at the same time that we defend you from the charge of driving while your license was suspended or revoked. We have extensive experience appearing on behalf of our clients in North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) hearings. If your case involves DUI/DWI, restoring your license may mean agreeing to put an ignition interlock device (IID) on your car.
If you have been arrested for driving while your North Carolina license was suspended or revoked, or if you need help clearing up your driving record, contact the Sparrow Law Firm. We provide free initial consultations so you can discuss your case with an experienced Raleigh, North Carolina, driver’s license suspension attorney.
WHY WAS MY LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED?
An arrest for driving with a suspended or revoked license can come as a surprise to many people. There are a number of ways your license may have been suspended by the North Carolina DMV, including:
- Failure to appear (FTA): If you failed to appear for court, your license may have been revoked. This could be for any type of criminal case, from an assault to drug possession charge.
- Old or too many tickets: As your receive tickets for speeding and other traffic offenses, points build on your license. If you receive 12 or more points in a three-year period, your license will be automatically suspended.
- Certain types of traffic violations: Specific types of traffic violations can automatically result in a suspension or revocation. This includes excessive speeding (more than 55 mph and at least 15 mph over limit), racing as well as vehicular homicide or manslaughter.
- DWI: Conviction for driving while intoxicated (DWI) will lead to the automatic suspension of your license. Your length of the suspension will depend on whether this is a your first DWI or if you have had multiple convictions.
RESTORING YOUR DRIVING PRIVILEGES
We understand how important your driving privileges are and we work with the DMV to restore them. We may be able to help you deal with old tickets you failed to pay or ask for a continuance. We have worked with many clients, helping them recover their driving privileges after charges of driving with a revoked or suspended license, and we can help you.
WHAT IF I NEED TO GO TO WORK OR SCHOOL WITHOUT MY LICENSE?
While your license is suspended, it may be possible to secure a temporary license or limited license that will allow you to go to work, school and other vital commitments. We have helped countless clients acquire limited licenses, and we can help you through the legal process.
THE IMPORTANCE OF CLEARING UP YOUR DRIVING RECORD
It is important to clear up old court cases, traffic violations and criminal charges to ensure that they do not affect your driving privileges in the future. This includes:
- Cases that may have been voluntarily dismissed with leave (VL) or voluntarily dismissed without leave (VD) by the prosecutor
- Old traffic tickets for even the smallest infractions
- Prayer for judgment continued (PJC) cases
- Waivers and waiver of appearance
TURN-AROUND TIME CAN BE AS LITTLE AS ONE WEEK
We will work hard to help you resolve your case as soon as possible. As experienced Raleigh driver’s license suspension attorneys, we are effective in part because of founding attorney Michelle Sparrow’s background as an assistant district attorney. She knows firsthand how the prosecution handles suspension or revocation cases because she once prosecuted them herself. We can help you with reinstatement of your license in most cases without you having to appear in court.
Contact an experienced Raleigh, North Carolina, driver’s license suspension attorney at Sparrow Law Firm today. Our office serves clients in Wake, New Hanover, Anson and other nearby counties.
IT CAN ALL GO AWAY
At Sparrow Law Firm, we understand legal trouble can cause many sleepless nights, but the right attorney can make it all go away.