HOW CAN WE HELP?
RALEIGH MURDER DEFENSE ATTORNEY
NORTH CAROLINA MANSLAUGHTER LAWYER
This is the fight for your life. Even if you don’t face death row, a conviction for murder or manslaughter can take away your freedom and forever change your life.
If you or a family member has been charged with murder or manslaughter, act now. Call the Sparrow Law Firm at 919-975-4247 as soon as possible so we can start building your case. Homicide cases can be long and drawn out. We are up to the task and will stand by your side every step of the way. Raleigh murder defense lawyer Michelle Sparrow has practiced criminal lawfor more than 15 years, including experience as a former assistant district attorney. She is a seasoned litigator who has handled hundreds of trials — don’t trust your case to someone less qualified.
PAINTING YOUR SIDE OF THE STORY
In a murder or manslaughter case, the prosecution must be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you or your loved one committed murder. Our task is to put that doubt in a judge or jury’s mind by thoroughly investigating your case and developing evidence that supports your innocence.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MURDER AND MANSLAUGHTER?
Manslaughter is killing without malicious intent. This means that, in order to be convicted of murder/homicide, you must have killed someone intentionally. Murder and manslaughter are also broken into further charges that include:
- First degree murder: First degree murder is murder that involves planning (premeditated murder). It is a crime of passion and is not accidental.
- Second degree murder: Unlike first degree murder, second degree murder is murder that may not have been planned but involves reckless killing.
- Voluntary manslaughter/first degree manslaughter: Voluntary manslaughter is usually charged when someone is killed in the heat of passion, without prior intent.
- Involuntary manslaughter: Involuntary manslaughter is an accidental death (such as killing someone in a drunk driving accident). It does not involve prior intent or an act in the heat of passion.
- Vehicular manslaughter: Vehicular manslaughter is the unlawful killing of someone with a vehicle through negligence or reckless driving.
These are the questions we will ask in order to build your defense: Was it an accident? Were you acting in self-defense? Did you intend to commit the crime? Did you act with malice? We will fight to drop or reduce your charges, which can, in some cases, mean reducing a first degree murder down to involuntary manslaughter.
CALL US IMMEDIATELY
Whether you face an investigation for shaken baby syndrome, an alcohol-related fatality, or another alleged killing, contact a Raleigh murder defense lawyer now. Your future depends upon it.
IT CAN ALL GO AWAY
At Sparrow Law Firm, we understand legal trouble can cause many sleepless nights, but the right attorney can make it all go away.